Body Neutrality w/ CP - Sign UP

Friday, March 27, 2020

Top 12 Drama & Sci-Fi Series Picks - SOCIAL DISTANCING DAY 11

SOCIAL DISTANCING DAY 8: Focus





There's something to be said for a good ol' cathartic TV moment, like where the touching plot device thingy / relationship ends up making you bawl about your own thing and then you feel better. Ohhhh yeahhh. Also, there' nothing like a crazed gun-toting murderer chasing someone on screen to remind you that in fact, everything right now sure actually isn't as bad as it is FOR THAT GUY.

I'll tell you right now I’m less on the sentimental family drama tip and more on the dark, thriller / crime stuff as well as sci-fi leaning stuff, so bear that in mind. Nothing against the former; s’just a personal preference. And while some of this stuff gets dark & murdery & gnarly, but I’m not a fan of overly gory stuff so there’s not much... like if you saw Game of Thrones you’ll be fine (other than having some of those images now burned in your head).

BEHOLD my Top 12 Streaming Dramas & Sci-Fi's!!


Watchmen (HBO) HOLY CRAP. Bingeing this my NYE this year and it was legit one of the Best New Years I’ve had in YEARS. And with our own Greg Middleton on DOP!! Wut wuttt that’s nuts)


Fargo The Series (Netflix) - Brilliant, provocative, creatively connected, and darkly funny af


Big Little Lies (CRAVE) - Honestly the acting in this is INSANELY good. Laura Dern just slays the fuck out of this in particular and Meryl Streep as the villain in season 2 -- zomg. It’s so satisfying to hate her and she KNOWS it.


Sharp Objects (CRAVE) - haunting, complex, emo and smart af


Breaking Bad (Netflix) - One of my favorite series but I don’t even think I could watch it again cuz it was such a dark ride. This is the one exception to the “not too gory” description, there’s def a few scenes I’m not in a hurry to revisit. But it’s SO well done and well written and just.. amazing story-telling.


Better Call Saul (Netflix) - Breaking Bad’s spin-off is very much the same vein of effective, powerful, visual storytelling. “It’s a mood” very much applies here


Succession (CRAVE) - Corporate drama, which I enjoy. This one is a little on the lighter side, more soap-y, but very satisfying. Great characters and super fun scandalous humour


Devs (FX) - tech-world sci-fi thriller starring perfectly cast Nick Offerman - it’s new, we’re VERY into it so far


The Ozark (Netflix)

Thriller crime steeze again but like, with trees and shit. Dark n creepy and I really like it so far… Season 3 drops next week.



CLASSIC MUST-SEE SERIOUSLY DO IT YOU GUYS.


The Wire (CRAVE) - Classic street crime series, set in Baltimore. Creepy af. Stayed with me for YEARS.  I LOVE YOU OMARRR


6 Feet Under (Hulu) - Ok to be fair it’s been a hot fucking minute since I’ve watched this but I do remember having all the feels and hunting around to all the VIDEO STORES to find the next DVD in the series. And then bawling my eyes out when it ended.


Star Trek TNG (Netflix) - NOTE I MEAN NEXT GENERATION. The other ones are like okay… but…. it’s a classic for an effin’ reason ok. JEEZ. Just trust me it’s QUITE entertaining.


And may I suggest whipping up a batch of cookie dough and wrap it up into a log in the fridge. We are slice off a few hunks and bake ‘em every night and that way they are warm, and also it helps us to not EAT THEM ALL AT ONCE the day I make the dough. Not that that’s ever happened every other single time ever. No. No it has not.

HAPPY BINGEING FRIENDS

Xoxoxo
CP